Experiencing Java

Saturday, October 21, 2006

Book: Bitter Java

Why This Book?
I used this book as a sample for my translation company. Tried to offer this to some IT book publishers in Indonesia. Didn't seem to work out well.
In one conversation, an experienced developer asked me what this "Bitter Java" is. I was surprised that this thing is not known so well as I thought. I simply answered that it was about antipattern. No clear idea of what it was, I decided to start on this book more closely.

What Is In The Book?
  • What is antipattern anyway?
    • Obviously it is the opposite of pattern. Pattern can be used to teach programming constructs or ideas which produce positive results. So, antipattern is to teach programming constructs or ideas that produce negative ones.
  • Bitter Java concentrates on antipatterns in server-side programmings.

Good Points and Quotations?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home